We’re looking for caring, capable and committed women who are motivated to making a difference in the community. Do the following speak to you?
- Are you looking for an opportunity to make positive changes in the lives of others?
- Would you like the chance to expand your personal development and leadership skills?
- Are you or do you aspire to be an authentic, powerful and effective volunteer and/or leader?
- Are you looking for a group of passionate, positive, inspiring, friendly women who are committed to developing the potential of women and helping the community while having a lot of fun?
If so, we would like for you to join the Junior League of Boise! We have an engaging, fun, warm and welcoming culture. We pride ourselves on training women to be effective leaders in all areas of their lives.
Benefits of Membership
As a member of the Junior League of Boise, you will enjoy these benefits:
- Leadership training – training focuses on professional development, philanthropy, non-profit management, community needs, leadership, and personal development. Leadership trainings focus on skills that help our members excel in their personal and professional lives.
- Building relationships & networking – ladies from all over the Treasure Valley of diverse individuals, cultures, backgrounds, and personalities come together with a shared purpose. The JLB offers monthly events for our members to meet, network, and have fun. Lifelong friendships are made.
- Giving back to the community – JLB gives back to the community through it projects and events.
- Signature Projects – These are long term projects that is the focus of JLB over the course of several year. Boise School Gardens is our current Signature Project. Our school garden initiative works to address childhood obesity and teach children healthy eating habits through hands-on learning in an outdoor setting. Click here to see a list of some of our past projects.
- Done-in-a-Day Projects – These are volunteer events that take place over the course of a couple of hours in partnership with a local non-profit such as the Idaho Food Bank, the Idaho Youth Ranch, and Ronald McDonald House.
Eligibility for Membership
The Junior League of Boise (JLB) welcomes all Treasure Valley women 21 years of age and older.
*Please note that you must be a resident of the Treasure Valley area at the time of your proposal to membership. There is no maximum age limit to join the Junior League of Boise.
Ready To Join? Here’s How:
JLB welcomes Provisionals (new members) twice a year, in the fall and spring. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our contact list.
You will be contacted about attending an informal membership mixer to learn more about our organization, benefits of membership, and the expectations we have for our members. Our membership mixers are held in the summer and winter prior to the start of each Provisional class. Check out our calendar for upcoming events.
Click here to access a membership application form online. Please complete this form and submit it. The dues down payment of $43 is due upon receipt of the membership form. Email email@example.com for more information.
All women who meet the requirements set forth within the membership form will be notified and invited to attend their first Provisional meeting. You will receive an invitation to attend a welcome social along with details on the Provisional requirements. If you have any additional questions about how to become a member, please contact Membership at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you already a member of the Junior League? We welcome all Transfer Members and would love to have you be a part of the Junior League of Boise!
You must first notify the League to which you currently belong that you would like to transfer to the Junior League of Boise. Your current League will then begin the necessary paperwork to initiate the smooth transition into our League. Once your transfer is initiated by your current League, the Junior League of Boise will contact you with the necessary steps to finalize your transfer.
For more information, please contact the Membership Committee at email@example.com who will connect you with the Sustainer Council.